The pudding It is a typically English sweet, in whose country it is elaborated and enjoyed in a traditional way since the 16th century, although it was not until the 18th century that it became a sweet dessert proper. It is traditionally made with bread, butter, eggs, nutmeg and raisins, although it is so versatile that a wide variety of ingredients can be included. An example is the cottage cheese pudding , about whose recipe we want to talk to you on this occasion.
The curd is a wonderful fresh cheese that is obtained by curdling the milk, after maintaining it at a constant temperature of 40 ºC, and mixing it with rennet. The use of a special mold provides the possibility that the whey of the cheese is completely eliminated, by dripping. It has a characteristic white color, soft, grainy texture and its flavor is usually really smooth.
In other countries it is known by the name of ricotta , and in Italy - where its use in the elaboration of some typical desserts is very common - it is known with the denomination of ricotta .
Cottage cheese pudding recipe
- 1 kg of cottage cheese
- 10 eggs
- 250 g of flour
- 150 g of butter
- 250 g of sugar
- The zest of a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
How to make cottage cheese pudding
- In a large bowl undo the cottage cheese with the help of hands. Separate the yolks from the whites and add the yolks, the lemon zest, the nutmeg, the cinnamon, the butter in the ointment and the sugar in the cottage cheese bowl. Remove everything very well. Reservation.
- Mount the whites to the point of snow. To get a good result, the bowl where you are going to mount them must be cold (it is better that it is made of glass); You can also add a pinch of salt. Start to assemble them little by little, preferably with an electric mixer so that the movement is always the same.
- Once the whites are assembled, add them slowly to the bowl of the yolks. Add the flour and mix everything well, slowly and carefully.
- Spread a mold with a little butter and pour the mixture into it. Insert this mold into a larger one with boiling water (the water should be in the middle of the smallest mold), put in the oven and cook in a bain-marie for 30-35 minutes at 200ºC, until when pierced with a fork, Stick or long needle come out clean.
- To finish, once cooked, remove from the oven and pour over a little more ground cinnamon. Ready!.
With what to accompany the cottage cheese pudding
For its mild flavor and light texture, cottage cheese pudding is a delicious dessert that combines well with fruit, either whole or in the form of jam (or jam). For example, a jam that is perfect with this traditional sweet is peach jam, but if you prefer to take risks and try new things, we recommend adding a little guava marmalade , the result will be even better.
And if you want to prepare the traditional pudding of a lifetime, we encourage you to read our raisin pudding recipe , being able to choose between two options: with sugar or without sweetening.