Whether you follow a vegan lifestyle, or if you follow a vegetarian diet every day, the truth is that today it is possible to enjoy different and different variants of traditional meat dishes. A good example are the burgers , traditionally made with meat, but which can be substituted by other vegetable preparations.
It is the case of vegetable burger about whose recipe we proposed on a previous occasion. At that time we made it with mushrooms, zucchini, carrots and peanuts. Although it is true that these ingredients can be replaced by others. The key is to choose ingredients that allow you to clump well in the dough that will later make up the hamburger. And the chickpeas , in fact, they become another of the best options (at least, in others of the ideal candidates).
In India, not in vain, they elaborate in a traditional way the popular falafel , which consist of a kind of croquette made with chickpeas, herbs, spices and other condiments, and which is usually served with pita bread and yogurt or tahini sauce.
On this occasion we offer you an exquisite chickpea burger , larger, and you can eat with the classic hamburger bun.
- 450 g of chickpeas
- 150 g of sweet corn (canned)
- 2 eggs
- 50 g of bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
Ingredients to prepare the hamburger (optional):
- 4 rolls for hamburgers
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
1. In a large bowl, place chickpeas and canned corn. Flatten them well with the help of a fork. Peel the clove of garlic and chop it finely. Wash the fresh parsley and chop it too finely. Put the eggs in another bowl and whisk them very well.
2. Now add the beaten eggs, garlic clove, cumin, ground black pepper and salt to taste. Love it all very well, and make a total of 4 hamburgers.
3. Put bread crumbs in a deep dish, and coat the chickpea burgers with it.
4. Then put some olive oil in a pan or griddle, and cook the burgers on both sides, until they have a smooth texture and a crunchy appearance on each side.
5. We just have to prepare our burgers with their bun. To do this, wash the tomato well, remove its top part, and cut it into slices. Peel the avocado, cut it in half, remove its central pipe and cut it into slices. Wash the arugula and sprinkle it a little.
6. Put a bagel base, add a bit of mayonnaise, avocado, tomato and arugula, and finish with the chickpea burger and another muffin. So until finishing with 4.