Our digestive system (particularly our digestive tract) is colonized by living bacteria, whose microbial community is popularly known by the name of intestinal flora , they are essential for our health.
Mainly they are several the functions that they carry out: they help in the digestion of the foods and in the absorption of their nutrients; increase resistance to infections (know more about how increase defenses ); and prevent the growth of bacteria responsible for traffic disorders, among others.
But in order to keep this bacterial community "in good condition", it is necessary to know how to take care of the intestinal flora . Which is achieved, as we will see below, following a lifestyle and healthy habits.
Health habits to take care of your intestinal flora
- Follow a balanced diet, rich in fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Consume foods rich in fiber .
- Eat probiotic foods
- Drink between 1.5 and 2 liters of water every day.
- Avoid taking an excess of animal proteins.
- It combines proteins of animal origin with plants.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before eating, and after going to the bathroom.
What happens if we do not take care of our intestinal flora?
Taking into account that the best way to take care of the intestinal flora it is from the monitoring of a balanced, natural and healthy diet, there is no doubt that not maintaining it negatively affects not only the health of our flora, but our health in general.
For this reason, when our intestinal flora is altered, they may appear gas and flatulence , abdominal swelling Y constipation , since the functions of our digestive system have been altered.
In addition, it can weaken our immune system, which helps us to get flu or colds much faster and easier.
As we see, following a healthy lifestyle helps not only to enjoy good health, but also to take care of our digestive system and to enjoy a much healthier intestinal flora.
Foods beneficial for the intestinal flora
Among the different beneficial foods for intestinal flora They emphasize above all a certain group of natural products that are especially indicated to take care of both our digestive system and our flora:
- YoghurtIt is fermented milk, rich in beneficial microorganisms for the correct care of our intestinal flora. In addition, it provides essential nutrients such as high quality proteins, minerals such as calcium or phosphorus, and vitamins such as vitamin A and D.
They are products rich in live bacteria and lactic acid, which besides being beneficial for our flora, are useful to strengthen our immune system.
Unlike the previous ones, the prebiotic foods Their main function is to stimulate the growth of the bacteria found in the colon, stimulating their activity.
Image | cyclonebill