The Brussels sprouts It is a delicious vegetable that, mainly, is characterized by having buds that are formed along the trunk of the plant, in the form of small cabbages.
These cabbages (named after Brussels sprouts ) are formed by a thickened and short stem, which holds petiolate leaves arranged one above the other.
In fact, they are delicious vegetables, very consumed in almost everyone. For this reason, it is very interesting to discover a little more about the Benefits of Brussels sprouts and its different nutritional properties .
Benefits of Brussels sprouts
- Help to lower high cholesterol .
- Useful in weight loss diets, because they help burn fat and lose weight.
- Suitable for people with diabetes.
- They help to lower the levels of high uric acid .
- Prevent the appearance of arterial hypertension .
- They regulate the functioning of the thyroid.
- It helps in the functioning of the pituitary gland.
- They help the proper functioning of hormones.
Nutritional properties of Brussels sprouts
The Brussels sprouts It stands out for being very rich in water, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and fiber:
- Rich in carbohydrates.
- Good amount of water
- Rich in folates.
- Vitamins: mainly vitamins of group B (B1, B2 and B3), and vitamin C.
- Minerals: potassium, iodine and magnesium.