Who does not like the chocolate ? It is an essential ingredient for a wide variety of recipes, which can be used not only in the preparation of sweet desserts, but also in salty preparations. And, although it is a food that many like, you can also find certain detractors. Be that as it may, if you are one of those who are passionate about this particular and characteristic food, you will probably love to try the black chocolate cake and nuts about whose ingredients and steps we want to talk to you in this recipe.
In its preparation we use mostly dark chocolate Y pure bitter cocoa , to enjoy all its most nutritious qualities. Also, although somewhat laborious, the final result will probably please you.
Black chocolate cake and nuts
- 250 g of flour
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 250 g of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 natural yogurt
- 130 g of sunflower oil (or soft olive oil)
- 100 g of black chocolate fondant
- 180 g of bitter cocoa powder
- A handful of walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds and pistachios
- 50 g of syrup
Ingredients for the coverage of the cake
- 170 g of black chocolate fondant
- 170 ml of whipping cream
- A little butter
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Chop the dark chocolate and fuse it in the water bath.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks, setting the egg whites until stiff with half the sugar. When they have reached this point, reserve them.
- With a little oil spreads a mold about 20-22 centimeters in diameter. Reserve it
- In a large bowl beat the egg yolks along with the rest of the sugar. When they start frothing add sunflower oil and natural yogurt. Beat again until the ingredients are integrated.
- In another bowl mix the flour together with the yeast and cocoa powder. Once mixed, sieve them, and pour the sieved mixture over the cream of egg yolks and yogurt. Stir gently, until the ingredients are integrated.
- Add the melted chocolate, stirring little by little and mixing gently. Just when the chocolate has been integrated do the same with the whites mounted on snow. But this time mix with enveloping movements, in this way you will get a mass as spongy and smooth as possible.
- Pour the dough into the mold that we have previously greased and bake at 170 ° C for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until the cake is cooked (puncturing in the center with a chopstick or kitchen needle it should come out clean). Once cooked, remove and let cool.
- While the cake cools we will prepare the coverage. To do this, put a pan on the fire, add the cream, and heat until it starts to boil. When you reach this point add the chopped black chocolate and stir well until it has perfectly melted. Add a little butter and mix, until it becomes a bright and smooth mixture.
- When the cake has completely cooled, cut it into 3 discs. Moisten each inner part with syrup and cover with plenty of cream.
- Then place the dough on top, cover with more chocolate creams and, finally, decorate with walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts and nuts (to taste, as you like).
To get an even better result, if you wish, you can sprinkle some cocoa powder on top, and also a bit of icing sugar when it is perfectly cold.