The kitchen is one of the places or areas of the house where bacteria Y germs we meet. Bearing in mind that it is the area where we cook and eat, it is obvious that it is fundamental to know how to prevent these bacteria from rooting at ease, thus maintaining basic hygiene habits.
Therefore it is essential to maintain a demanding hygiene, especially when we are in contact with food, since otherwise they can be the source of many diseases.
Basic tips and hygiene habits in the kitchen
Hygiene advice when cooking
- Wash your hands well : before and after handling any food, although it will not peel or remove its skin.
- Objects : they must be clean. When you go to store them they must be properly dry.
- Cutting board : they become one of the most practical elements and therefore used, but they can transmit many germs and bacteria. Avoid cross contamination using different cutting boards for meat and fish, and vegetables and fruits. Do the same with knives and other kitchen tools that you use. Also, try to maintain a good disinfection with the help of hot water and vinegar.
Hygiene tips in the fridge or refrigerator
- Temperature : it is recommended that it always be between 2ºC and 4ºC, since below 4ºC the bacteria do not proliferate in their majority. Regarding the freezer, it should always be kept below -18ºC.
- Door : for the temperature to be effective and maintained, it is convenient not to open and close the refrigerator many times.
- Cooked food : it is a mistake to introduce foods or hot dishes in the refrigerator, it is advisable to leave them at room temperature and when they are cold introduce them in the refrigerator.
- Food in general : keep the food separate and without mixing. The leftovers of food are best stored in a clean and shallow container. The food should be stored in the refrigerator at a suitable temperature. In this way we will be able to avoid the reproduction of germs.
- Beware of meat and fish : everything depends on the moment of its cooking. If for example you are going to cook them at the moment or throughout the day, they can be stored in the fridge, since they do not lose quality. If they are going to cook in a few days, it is best to freeze them.
Image | Dinner Series