When a person follows a vegan lifestyle (which also means following an equally vegan type of diet or diet), they face the dilemma of how to make different recipes that, traditionally, are made with ingredients of animal origin. In the case of desserts, for example, this dilemma can even become an authentic odyssey, especially when ingredients such as eggs, milk or butter are used in the original recipe. And, among the most common recipes, the Biscuit It stands out as one of them.
Luckily, it is possible to make a wonderful, authentic and exquisite vegan whole-wheat sponge cake . For this, we will use whole spelled flour, vegetable drink as a substitute for cow's milk, and we will not use egg. In relation to the type of vegetable drink to use, the truth is that you can choose your favorite, preferably with milk of oats, rice or almonds. Do you dare to prepare it with us ?. It is very easy and has no more secret.
Vegan integral cupcake
- 2 glasses of whole spelled flour
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1/2 glass of panela (or whole cane sugar)
- 2 glasses of oat milk (or your favorite)
- 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- The zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 glass of olive oil
How to make the integral vegan sponge cake
- First, preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
- In a large bowl put the wholemeal spelled flour and baking powder, and mix well. Then add the poppy seeds, brown sugar and cinnamon powder. Mix again until the ingredients are well integrated.
- Add the oatmeal milk (or any other you want) and the olive oil. Mix again.
- Wash the lemon well and grate half of the skin. Add it to the previous bowl, mixing again. A texture should remain as homogeneous and smooth as possible.
- Spread an elongated cake pan with a little olive oil and then sprinkle with a little flour (this will prevent the dough from sticking to the mold).
- Insert in the oven and bake at 180 ° C between 25 to 30 minutes, or until a stick inserted in the center comes out perfectly clean.
To finish, if you wish, you can sprinkle a little icing sugar on top, which will help you to give it an even more beautiful touch and a little more sweet.
Do you know the spelled flour?
The spelt flour is a delicious and exquisite type of flour that is made from the spelled , a cereal less known than ordinary wheat, but which is now becoming very popular again for its inclusion by chefs and prestigious chefs in a wide variety of recipes.
It is made from the grinding of spelled grains, becoming a very fine powder ideal for its texture and characteristics for the preparation of bread and sponge cake.
In the particular case of whole spelled flour It is a flour that is actually made from grinding spelled grains. But with one important difference: the bran has not been separated, so it contains both the skin and the pod, being a type of unrefined flour. For this reason, it is richer in fiber.