If you are passionate about desserts as much as we are, there is no doubt that desserts made with fruit become the most nutritious and healthy options, and that they stand out for being, in most cases, very easy to prepare. It is what happens with the Apple , a fruit that combines perfectly with a wide variety of ingredients, as is the case with cinnamon .
In fact, it is quite likely that at some time or another you have already enjoyed some dessert in which the apple and cinnamon have been combined (almost perfectly we could say). And it is that the soft and sweet flavor that the apple brings mixes tremendously well with the aromatic power that cinnamon possesses.
In this sense, a traditional option is traditional baked apple pie , an individualized version of the popular Tarte Tatin of French origin, which consists of a cake made with apple, which has been caramelized with butter and sugar, placing them underneath and the dough on top.
On this occasion we propose some dessert recipes where the apple and cinnamon are the main ingredients. Excellent options for those who enjoy the combination of these two wonderful ingredients. Do you dare to prepare some of them?.
- Why eat 1 apple a day
Basic recipe of roasted apple with cinnamon
It is, as its name suggests, one of the most basic options to combine the apple with cinnamon. It basically consists of roasting the apple, and then adding cinnamon powder to the taste to aromatize it. But let's go in parts.
- 3 red apples
- 1 tablespoon butter.
- Cinnamon powder.
Preparation of the roasted apple with cinnamon:
- Wash red apples well. Then peel them and cut them into squares.
- Put the pieces of apple cut into a saucepan over the heat, add the butter and let the apple roast the fire.
- Remove the apple from time to time, to help it mix with the butter and soften it better.
- When the apple pieces are soft and almost cooked add the cinnamon to taste and stir well again.
- Ready. Serve the apple and enjoy.
Baked apple and cinnamon sponge cake
The recipe for apple sponge cake that we propose on this occasion is also a simple recipe very easy to make, which also stands out as one of the most classic and popular. It is ideal for those who enjoy sponge cake or cake.
- 3 large red apples
- 1 natural yogurt of 125 g
- 3 measures of the yogurt glass with yeast wheat flour (375 g)
- 3 eggs
- 1 measure of extra virgin olive oil yogurt cup (soft)
- 2 measurements of the sugar yogurt glass (250 g)
- 1/2 envelope of chemical yeast powder (7 g)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- The zest of 1 lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
- Butter (to grease the mold)
Preparation of baked apple and cinnamon sponge cake:
- In a large bowl put eggs and sugar. Start beating everything well until the mixture reaches twice the volume it had at the beginning. Add the yogurt and beat again, mixing everything again.
- In another bowl mix the yeast with the wheat flour. Take the previous bowl, and beat again well.
- Add a pinch of salt and extra virgin olive oil. Beat again well (until there are no lumps).
- Wash the lemon and sprinkle it a little. Add the lemon zest to the mixture and the cinnamon powder. Beat it all over again.
- Preheat the oven to 190º C.
- Wash the apples well, peel them and remove the center of them. Cut them into thin sheets. Reservation.
- Grease with butter the mold where you are going to cook the sponge cake and pour the previous mixture.
- Add the slices of apple on top of the sponge cake.
- Introduce in the sponge cake, lower the temperature a little, and cook at 180º C for about 45 minutes.
- To check if the cake is ready, remember that you can prick with a fork. If it comes out dry it will be ready.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven taking care not to burn yourself. Let cool and unmold.
Trout of apple and cinnamon
Although I usually use the wafers to make the traditional sweet potato trout Christmas, one day I decided to try to make it with apples and cinnamon. And the result was amazing, I liked them a lot. They are ideal to prepare a different, different recipe. Take note.
- 1 package of wafers
- 3 red apples
- Cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg.
Elaboration of apple and cinnamon trout:
- First put the wafers at room temperature, especially if you have them stored in the freezer.
- Wash the apples well, peel them, cut them into pieces and put them in a saucepan on the fire.
- Add the butter, and as the apples are softened with cooking mix well with the help of a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Add cinnamon powder to taste and mix again.
- Once you have roasted the apples, let them cool a little.
- Preheat the oven to 180º C.
- Put the wafers on top of the top, and with the help of a spoon take the roasted apples little by little. To do this, place some of the dough in the center of the wafer, carefully close it and mark them with a fork at the edges pressing with it (in this way you will prevent the dough from coming off).
- Do the same with all the wafers until you finish with the mass of roasted apple and cinnamon.
- Beat the egg well and with the help of a kitchen brush paint the wafers on top.
- Put the filled wafers in the baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180º C. Or until you notice that the wafers are golden brown.
- Lists! If you want you can decorate with a little icing sugar on top.
As we have seen, the apple with cinnamon can be made and combined in very different ways. After all, everything is a matter of taste.