He birdseed is still today considered as food for birds . However, the truth is that the number of people who are discovering the different tends to be greater Benefits Y properties which contributes from a nutritional point of view above all.
A few years ago, people began to know benefits of canary seed to lose weight , so that many nutritionists and dieticians began to recommend that this food be included, for example in the form of a beverage (known as birdseed milk It's a good example).
Its scientific name is Phalaris Canariensis , we find it inside the mealy grains (never oleaginous) and it is a cereal of the genus of the grasses.
Ideal to enjoy good health
From a nutritional point of view, birdseed is especially rich in lipase, an enzyme responsible for eliminating body fat and helping in the restoration of pancreas functions.
Therefore it is useful to treat diabetes and help control the blood glucose level.
It is also beneficial for the care of the kidneys and the liver, being not only a good depurative, but also helping in the inhibition of bacteria in the urinary tract.
It is appropriate in case both high cholesterol like high triglycerides (helps in turn to prevent arteriosclerosis), and can be ideal even in case of cellulite.
It is also an excellent antioxidant, helping to delay aging.
Here we indicate briefly what are the properties of the birdseed, to summarize:
- Especially rich in vegetable proteins.
- It helps lower high cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Good diuretic and depurative.
- It helps to eliminate liquids, being useful against the retention of liquids.
- Preventive of arteriosclerosis.
- It helps eliminate fats, being useful in case of overweight and obesity.
Nutritional values of birdseed
100 grams of canary seed provide the following nutritional values:
- Calories: 212 kilocalories.
- Carbohydrates: 55 gr.
- Proteins: 14 gr.
- Minerals: calcium (50 mg) and phosphorus (300 mg).
Image | mrsdkrebs